1) Why choose a house call veterinarian? Reminiscent of the traveling family physician, a house call veterinarian is a throw-back to a slower more patient focused type of medicine where patients are relaxed in the comfort of their home, the owners need not waste half their day in a vet's office, and no one has to experience the stress of a car ride and traffic. Perfect for young puppies and kittens avoiding disease exposure in a traditional clinic, the healthy pet with a caring owner who wants a more comprehensive medical evaluation, or the geriatric pet who needs custom tailored palliative care plan, the future of veterinary medicine is in house call medicine.
2) What areas do you service? We are based out of Fort Collins, Colorado and will travel up to one hour away. For locations outside of Fort Collins city limits, there will be a $10/10 minute travel fee.
3) How do your prices compare to a traditional clinic? Prices are competitive with traditional clinics, but with improved service and quality. You spend the entire visit, start to finish with the doctor, allowing plenty of time to answer all of your questions and address all of your pet's needs. Additionally, visits are more convenient, comfortable and enjoyable for both you and your pet. For more information, please visit the prices page (click here). 4) What is your availability? With flexible daytime, evenings, and weekend appointments, we can find a time that fits your schedule. For your convenience, we offer online scheduling (click here).
5) What species do you treat? We treat cats and dogs, young or old, healthy or sick.
6) What if my pet needs surgery, a dental procedure, xrays, or other advanced procedure? Although many procedures can be performed in the home, there are limitations and you are strongly encouraged to maintain a relationship with a traditional "brick & mortar" veterinary clinic for procedures requiring anesthesia or advanced imaging. Dr. Brekke would be happy to recommend a clinic should the need arise.
7) Can you provide medical advice over the phone? If you're a current client/patient, then yes! Direct access to the vet is a major benefit of the exceptional service we provide. If you are not a current client/patient, an exam will be necessary to adequately assess your pets health, medical needs, and to meet the regulations governing veterinary medicine.